@Losticmate : don't be too fan boy for 3DGS tired

Try Unity, see how easy you put shaders, physics, try the World editor, put and pait/deform a terrain, look at object properties.
And how great is the interface : you drop a physic feature and you see the panel physics on teh object properties.
You can attach a camera to an object visually etc ...

And for game making : casual games or others , go to their site, to see that they're very good ones.Even more Iphone version of Unity sells lot fo games and artists using it , said , they've never could do it without Unity smile
I can prototype some capsule FPS with physics, smooth camera
in some minutes.

Try it smile (follow some simple tutorials)
Im' not fan boy for Unity 3D ; i like A7 and Blitz3D and some.

And Unity it's not also the best 3D engine, but it totally different in terms of Workflow and it shows A8 would need a
lot of rework and totally new Wordl Editor (All in One).

I target Casual/arcade games and i don't want to waste lot of time in code other than necessary game logic.
I don't need all latest shaders or shadows, but some basic like water, normal map, toon, specular, reflective ...
And i want an all in one editor, powerfull and advanced that make me gain lot of time.
Unity Indie brings me that smile

My impression about A7 where tools like GED are made by users, it's like a software in maintainance to survive some time before disappearing.
I hope not,but it needs a totally rewrites of WED : a new editor all in one with modern interface , smoother , faster and All in one in the world edior (enought of MED or GED).

Go Conitec, break the editor, supress BSP,MED,GED , and bring a new shining Wordl Editor with new interface laugh

Just my personnal thaughts.

Last edited by ratchet; 05/31/09 12:35.