i am talking about realtime shadows for entire games. not advanced predfined blendmaps.
ever tried to apply those shader on entire projects and not only test models and small scenes. this is a whole different story.

and pricing aint a big argument since there are cheaper engines available as well.
the point is not if 800 or 1000bucks are a lot. the point is: do i get enough for my money. are the tools worth 800bucks?
sure, if you have the time to write every single tiny shitcodepiece your own and money aint the issue, then you can also get any crap engine you want.
if on the other hand you are mortal and time has some value for you i would have to make decisions.

if i pay a modeler by hours and provide him with crap tools, then i cant complain about the high price.

i am not talking about hobby gamemaking or some testing most people do with gs. i am talking about releasing games that are worth to be bought.
and as a matter of fact the list of released gs games aint that good compared to the other engines. so the price cant be that much of a reason.
there is still no meassureable improvement within gs compared to all the other engines. and this also has nothing to do with one click button trashtalk argument.
this is called workflow and if every single change you wanna make takes endless setups, preparations and lots of time it simply harms the workflow.

you can create everything with gs. but you can create everything with every engine on this planet as well. so this is not what we are talking about.

the question is: is gs worht the money?

and i say no. and with every updateless month even less.
compare it to other engines to see what you get there and decide if its worth it.
i am not a big torque fan to be honest for a lot of reasons.
but i am losing more and more reasons to like gs.

i liked this engine 2 years ago quite a bit. but its the same engine like 2 years ago! and thats just sad.

no wonder the community is dead. at least compared to what it was just a few years back. being ofline for just one week back then ment thousands of new posts, projects, ideas, contributions and so on.
now its less then hundred.

this are things that shouldnt be ignored.

cheos

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/