Originally Posted By: pararealist
That may well be true.

I can only experience it the way i did for now, and
in the end all we have is our own personal experiences and
our own heart and mind and understanding to explain these
experiences to ourselves.

I agree very much with that. It's just that people often don't seem to be open to more rational explanations.

We could of course pretend we can't possibly know the real explanation or instead fantasize the heck out of it coming up with all sorts of interesting explanations, but there's a lot more known about the brain than people usually are aware of.

Regardless, interpretations will always be relative and erroneous to some extent because of a simple lack of knowledge here and there.

No offense to you and I don't mean to say that I do know everything, I don't... It just amazes me how many people think of such events as something supernatural or miraculous.

For example; the thing with your arm becoming heavy causing a hallucination is actually something that is known to possibly happen when you are in a certain condition.

Hypnotists abuse this little trapdoor to our human psychology often with their stage hypnosis acts. You should read up on it, it's very interesting. smile

It's all a matter of starting a chain reaction and bypassing the brain's control system. After that.. even just a single word can cause what you've experienced. For example if your girlfriend said something about not wanting to lose you. Your brain will do the rest.

Of course, this doesn't change your experience nor devaluates it...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software