Quote:
that was exactly what i was talking about ^^ i just loved that, you could actually play unreal over and over again, and you'd still be able to find new routes like that. awesome.

In fact, I was playing Unreal just last week and I went to some secret area (at least it was secret to me!) and said to myself, "As many times as I have played this game, I do not for the life of me remember this area!" I had found yet another little unexplored place!

Quote:
I don't think this is the main/only chink of the newer fps - I think it's the excessive and additive usage of EVERY new technique (I exaggerate ;)) - [i]e.g. teamplay, strategic, advetureing,...[(i] and feature to gain more audience They sometimes miss over and over the K.I.S.S. of a simple (but exciting) shooter...

I agree!

Quote:
A shooter should be a shooter - max. brain power should be to use the proper switch at the right place.. wink (*v*)

Well ... maybe a little more brain power wink . I like when certain weapons are better suited for certain creatures. So you have to think about what you are firing at what enemy. There are many simple things that can be utilized in a game to make a person think about what they are doing. But it does not have to be an overly convoluted task.

Like I said earlier on, an FPS was really just a side scrolling arcade shooter turned into 3D. These days it has left that concept too far behind (imo).

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios