Give this fps a chance ;): The suffering

...and play it.
I like it VERY much because of:

easy controll
creative and various level design
much action

and the fresh differences to other fps are:

* the strange/cool story without any big complexities (it's leads the game, makes it interesting [the WHY? and WHO AM I?])
* the freedom to decide to be good or evel (with an consequence in the end [what makes it worth to play it again])
* you have short time partners but you're the "boss", the "single HERO" (what is btw. the most important thing to me in a FPS).
* and all other aspects of a cool fps (leveldesign/weapon varity, small quests)

* ah yes - and it's like Quake: you can sloughter through the levels without talking/reading all the extra story stuff - the great leveldesign leads you through the levels without getting stuck (and therefor frustrated)!

[edit]...and very important in general i think: the hero (representing "me") in the game MUST be a cool, smart, tough. This can for example be realised by

* a cool voice (duke nukem)
* a special character (graduation) like in HL (everyone [of the good guys] is happy to see you)

[edit2] And... a new fps should have one or more cool new features (the player/customers/magazines) can talk about.
Like seen with the "portal technique" or a "gravity gun" or maybe a very new idea for the enemy AI?

Last edited by mercuryus; 02/18/09 07:20.