Quote:
You say you are relying only on provable facts, but I disagree. I think your rejection of God is just as emotional as my belief. How can I say this?

You should really explain this with a different example. Rejecting an idea in this case is often very rational!

I do get what you're hinting at though, but it's a matter of getting caught up in semantics;

Example: When I say I literally know something is true, I believe the test to figure out whether or not something is true, was acceptable enough and indeed 'proved' beyond reasonable doubt that something to be true.

So ultimately I must be having faith in facts because I believe it is or accept it as know-ledge. Of course having faith in a method is different from having faith in something that can not be tested at all regardless of the method.

Quote:
Let me provide an example:
There is a person who murders people. He murders them and he takes their money and he lives off of this method. He thinks murder is good, because without it, he wouldn't know what to do. Prove that murder is wrong.

For the record, I believe that murders is wrong for two reasons. First, I have a very bad feeling when I hear of someone being murdered. I 'feel' it is wrong because I wouldn't want it to happen to me or anyone I know. Second, I believed the prophets, when they said that God commanded us not to murder.

We have feelings for a reason. I don't believe that all truth is something that can be proven or disproven, it is intuitive. If you don't agree with this, please prove that murder is wrong.

We don't have to prove murder is wrong, because God has nothing to do with natural intuition or 'feeling' something is the right or wrong thing to do. This is obviously also known as 'morality', right?

Contrary to what a lot of Christians think, morality isn't exclusive to people with faith in a certain religion only.

In fact, read your Bible and you'll see 'Christians' murder, rape or what not. wink

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software