@smitty: Please go ahead and explain the difference between eternal life in heaven and eternal life here on earth (or wherever future space travel would take 'us').

Originally Posted By: smitty
I think it is very interesting that according to the poll on the first page, the majority of the people who took it want to live forever. I would not want to live forever in this life.

You'll have to put things in perspective when it comes to people that actually very much hold on to their current lives. Perhaps you're life isn't that great wink and although my life certainly isn't perfect, my life is great enough to want to live much much longer than humanly possible.

Living for all eternity may become boring after a while, but on the other hand just think of our current world and compare it to 50 years back. Enough interesting differences in my opinion. Then again, what's 50 years on the scale of infinity? Regardless, there would suddenly be plenty of possibilities otherwise vastly limited by the factor time.

Quote:
Of course it is better than the alternative if you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and are bound for eternity in the Lake of Fire. I know that God is sovereign in all things and that our lives our in His hands. Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

So... do you get like bonus points from your God for mentioning this or something? :P

Quote:
What a terrible thought to think that we would just continue to grow older and sicker in this world which continues to decay as a result of man's evil and sin.

It depends on your look on what it would or should be like to live for eternity. In my opinion, I'd not want to live forever if it would mean living 80 years in good health and the rest of infinity as a half rotten corpse.

Having said that, I don't think the world is decaying. A better observation would be that the world simply changes all the time.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software