Hey,

First, I want to say you were the last on my list that I thought was abusing the terms and I generally agree with all of your other posts in the Creationism thread. I'm sorry if you took this thread personal, I mostly want to inform than attack anyone. However, I added you in because you said that a theory can later be upgraded to a law and that the law of thermodynamics is above theories.

About your post here, you were doing great until this paragraph:

Quote:
Laws are considered "fact" ... non-changeable ... absolute. Hypothesis are considered guesses. Theories are considered "proven" hypothesis, but they are left open for the possibility of error ... that not everything was taken into account. However, Law and theory are so closely related that they are often understood the mean the same thing.

A law is not considered "fact" or non-changeable or absolute. It's not in anyway more valid than a theory. What it is, is a sub-part of a theory and as you correctly stated, the difference between a theory and a law is that inside a law it's not included the part of "why" something happens, but only focuses on explaining the subject at hand. Also, in a theory there's always everything being taken into account and if any scientific evidence doesn't go along with that theory, then it's not called a theory anymore, but..nothing smile

In any case, thanks for those links, they add nicely to this thread. I don't mean to nitpick too much into people's words and the only reason i'm making such a fuss of all this, is that the whole term: "Theory of Evolution" has been abused so much by christians who just have the terms wrong. Pages upon pages of threads that go on forever, just because of a simple misunderstanding around terms so this thread is just a gentle push into the right direction for future EvolutionVSCreationism discussions.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!