Quote:
No, i was merely attempting to highlight the double standard that evolution having a small gene pool is nothing to be concerned about, but the flood story could't possibly be true because the gene pool was too small.
Double standards like this are common in discussions such as this one (from both sides of the fence).

Double standards? Did you even read my answer? Nope, not likely. I said evolution happens normally at populations, not individuums.

But even when we would talk about a small gene pool, there is a difference between a minimum gene pool of let's at least say 100 individuums to let the species survive, and the told two from the bible. Species with a gene pool below 100 individuums has a very high chance to die off. We can follow that at the moment at too much species every day. And you want to tell me that ALL species survived with just TWO of them?

Quote:
Thats the problem with science, it can only interpret the facts based on current knowledge and if there is anything that evolves it is definitely "current knowledge".
So, unless you believe as one scientist I have heard, "Science is dead, we now know everything", then there is no firm ground for you stand on while you make your absolute assertions that your beliefs are based on "solid evidence"

Weird point of view. The problem is at your end. Science takes at least the facts into account. While faith just presents fairy tales. Science searches for truth. They present what they find. When they would find a proof for a god then they would present it. Faith digs for henchman. And uses the worst tricks to get them. Up to murder. Fear and fright are the weapons of faith. Truth the weapon of science. So who is to trust?

Quote:
I think we can all agree that science is largely assemling facts and then using logic,common scence, derived knowledge and imagination in an attempt to make sense of those facts. I think we also can all agree that logic,common scence, derived knowledge and imagination are tools that are just as prone to error, misrepresentation and bare faced lies as they are to the discovery of truth.

Again, i disagree here. When a thousand facts points into one direction, and not a single one in another direction, then i choose the direction in which the facts points. No need to introduce an imaginary ghost. Even more when every new found fact fits perfectly and points in the same direction.

And no, having facts doesn't mean to have errors and misinterpretations in the first place. It means in the first place to have facts. Proovable stuff. No matter how hard you try to twist and discredit them. Facts stays facts.

You trust a 2000 years old book. A single book. Written by a few humans. Based at fairy tales and myths from before 2000 years. An age that is fullfilled with gods and myths and fairy tales. But you distrust whole libraries, written by millions of humans, full of today knowledge and myriades of proovable facts. Sorry, but from my angle of view your brain must be turned off. They have really catched you smile

Hmm, again i can see in your argumentation to proof Bible, myths and fairy tales true by trying to disprove science and facts. And again, saying the evolution theory is wrong doesn't automatically mean the bible is right.

Facts please.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de