Originally Posted By: delerna
Maybe...but I can see other possibilities.
Depends on whether you mean the ones that went extinct before mans rebellion against God or the ones that went extinct after.

I don't think it matters, as either way, those 'innocent' species went extinct and we, the 'rebellious' humans, still survive. That's kind of strange.

Quote:
If before, perhaps they served their purpose in the preparation of the earth for us?
If after, then that is likely to be our fault.

Quote:
So its possible for evolution to have a small gene pool without Gods assistance.
But its not possible for the flood survivors to have a small gene pool with Gods assistance.

Well, there's no such thing as flood survivors when it comes to a global flood, geological research shows it never happened. Still, assuming there was a flood, even just a small or local one, that could definitely decimate a species. That flood could cause a harsh natural selection because of the (sudden) change in environment or the species might (temporarily or not) migrate elsewhere.

Quote:
But I'm not allowed to believe that God could ensure that the small gene pool would not have any bad effects until the gene pool grew large enough.

You're allowed to believe anything, but when it comes to evidence that can be tested, there is nothing that suggests a God must have intervened. I'm not saying it's not a possibility, but in my opinion it's definitely the most unlikely option of all,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software