Quote:
But I'm not allowed to believe that God could ensure that the small gene pool would not have any bad effects until the gene pool grew large enough.

You can believe what you want.
I personally believe that everything is made by composting. My own holy book says so. A hail to the holy flowerpot. You can even see the single plies in the earth. Have a look at a compost heap, look ath the plies there. Nearly identical. That is the proof for composting. The holy flowerpot exists. Your bible is wrong, mine is true. My god is much bigger than yours smile

But knowing is better than believing.

Is there a fact proving Evolution true? Not just one. A ton. Is there a big consensus around the world that the Evolution theory is true? Yes. Was somebody be able to disproof the evolution theory in the last 150 years? Nope.

Is there a fact proving that the Genesis is true? Not a single one. Is there a consensus around the world that the world is made by a god as described in the Genesis? Nope, not longer. Just a small amount of creationists still do so. And tries to get back the power. Was somebody able to disproof the Genesis as really happened? Yes. Nearly every point of the Genesis gots disproven by science. Water everywhere, and god then separated ... . And that shall be true? With nowadays knowledge in the neck? Please! How dumb do you think humans are?

Quote:
I am now meant to believe that the horse, for example, could have a small gene pool when it first evolved from whatever it evolved from and over a long period of time the gene pool would grow large enough for there to be no problems.

You are not meant to believe. That's the whole point. Science is knowing, not believing.

It is Facts what counts. When a theory gets proven by facts then this theory becomes true. When a theory gets disproven by facts then this theory becomes false. Evolution has been proven by lots of facts. And is the best theory at the moment.

What small gene pool? Who sais that bisexual evolution steps starts with small gene pools, with just a handful individuals? It normally starts with populations, not individuals. It starts with a big gene pool. A river can separate two parts of a landscape and so two populations, or a continent drifts away. Or the whole species stretches across a this big area that the single populations looses contact. Different food supply, climate and time will do the rest then. Or the climate changes in general so that the whole population has to adapt to it. Or another species comes in the way. I just say Aga. Or bunny. Or rat. Or ...

Quote:
So its possible for evolution to have a small gene pool without Gods assistance.
But its not possible for the flood survivors to have a small gene pool with Gods assistance.

There are fossils. There are facts. There are the natural laws. So for the first question, yes, it is possible. But as told, normally it is a big gene pool, not a small one.

There is not a single proof for an ark. There is not a single proof for a worldwide flood. When it would have been worldwide, where is the water gone? The ark must have been so big that the whole wood of the whole world wouldn't have been enough to build it. Static would have destroyed the ark anyways, too heavy. But even when not, it would have taken thousands of years to collect all the wood for the ark. And thousands of years to just put every species at its place, even when they would have waited in front of the ark. Picking just the mammal species would mean that we would have died off with just one male and one female of every species. Every farmer can tell you that.

So for the second question: Nope, impossible. Even with help of a god. It would have to break too much natural laws for that. Which speaks against the almightiness of your god anyways. When it is almighty then it just needed to snip with the fingers, no need for a flood ...

As a sidequestion, what about the free will in Sodom and Ghomorra? Pretty inconsequent and changeable your god it seems wink

And the story with the ark is just one of many that is provable wrong. You don't even have to be a scientist here. This stuff is myth stuff. Not facts. There may be small grain of truth here and there. But that's basically it. And surely not at such things like the universe is made of water.

Again i have to repeat myself. When you think that you have found facts to disprove the evolution theory then do so. Nobel price is waiting. And lots of money.

But even when you could, this doesn't automatically say the Bible, and especially the Genesis is true.

Last edited by Tiles; 10/29/08 10:29.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de