Originally Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku
I never heard of torque people moving to Unity3D but if you say so it must be true.

Yes it is wink

http://www.garagegames.com/blogs/4553/14508

He noted his reasons to move to Unity:
- the production time
- overall workflow
- Unity can export games directly as webbrowser game
- no low level programming (C++) needed

I agree with you totally in terms of movements. There are often movements from any software to another. And there are often different reasons for that.

Many of these movements are some kind of evolution. You know it from yourself. The beginners start with Gamestudio or FPSCreator. Then, after learning and finding some borders, barriers or even show stoppers many of them change to more advanced tools like Torque. And then there are also some of them in need of more freedom. I realized that all C4 users used to be Torque users before that.
But some programmers also move to completely free libraries like Ogre as an example.

This is some kind of evolution that happens if you gather enough knowledge. The same happened with my modelling tool-set: I started with MED, moved to Gamespace and then to Lightwave. Later I added Bodypaint3d and ZBrush to that. You cannot simply start with these advanced tools. It is better to learn with something more simple like MED and Gamespace first.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft