Well as i said it's just my opinion, and my opinion might not be a mainstream one.
I tested Unity everyday when i had the trial, did most of the tutorials they have (which is really a good part, the documenation) and made some own examples (especially with the ortographic cam).

And i didn't feel good working with it. The control in the editor is a pain for me (i'm used to different controlling) and the assets management was a pain. Maybe they changed some stuff lately, i don't know.

I never heard of torque people moving to Unity3D but if you say so it must be true. But honestly people are always moving from engine to engine and get new experience. When 2-3 projects moving from Torque to Unity3D, it doesn't mean there is a new "revolution" or something.

Unity3D does have a great graphic (no doubt) but still, me as GameDesigner and Developer AND (not so experienced) artist prefers an engine that doesn't just look good but also have great features that makes it much easier to work with.

Well, anyone should decide for themself what they gonna use and what is perfect for them. I see no reason to move away from torque.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig