Let's start with this one:

Quote:
11) The bible descibes many many peoples and places.
- Archeologists have confirmed the existence of these people and places.
Many of which were discovered using the bible as a roadmap.

Why does Bible not mention aboriginies, why does the bible not mention chinese people, why does the bible not mention native americans? They are all human. The bible cannot mention them because the bible is manmade. And the people at that time period did not know about their existence.

That also explains why the bible mentions so many places and people. It is simple: they have really exist. The bible is an interesting book when it comes to archaeological facts. Lots of real facts gots written into it. The bible also mixes lots of ancient myths in the Genesis by the way. Myths that contains one or two grains of truth.

There are indeed text passages that can be proven by archaeology. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the bible is true. It is a religious book made to convince people to believe. And it collects everything to do so.

An example.

"I believe in the holy flowerpot, it is the one and only composter.
The earth is round.
Composting is the only way earth could be made."

It contains one sentence of truth. But that doesn't make the whole statement true, right?

Quote:
1) The bible describes a sequence of events that lead up to the appearance of man.
- In essence, science agrees with this sequence.
Science goes into a lot more detail, the bible is not a science textbook.

... ... ... ...

11) The bible descibes many many peoples and places.
- Archeologists have confirmed the existence of these people and places.
Many of which were discovered using the bible as a roadmap.

This all is your interpretation. Not a single evidence. Give me the facts please smile

Hmm, just one ...

Quote:
7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so.

The Universe is made of water? Now how cool is that cool
And again an under and upper. The universe has three dimensions ...
This is a world picture of an ancient civilization. I think science has a different picture here nowadays ...

Fact is that the closer you look the more it turns out that the bible shows a picture of the world that is 5000-2000 years old. Like extreme patriarchat, slavery, etc. . Or places and people that are well known in that time period, but nothing else. It fits perfectly into this age. But doesn't longer fit into our time. The old men forgot to adjust the story again as they did before ...

Quote:
A human being has two basic needs.
His physical needs and his spiritual needs
Mankind was not created to exist apart from his creator.
He was created to have a personal relationship with God.
Anyone who truely nourishes and and feeds his spiritual side, knows that God exists.

A human being has more needs than that. It has also the need to know the truth. Give a human a riddle and he/she will try everything to solve it.

I have not seen a god yet, nor anything that points into an existance of a god. I have seen religious people doing insulting, violence and killing in the name of a god though. With words, with weapons. And they all say they know the truth, that they are the truth.

Quote:
Jesus said, If you are truely my disciplels, THEN you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Turn off your brain and believe? I use my brain instead and rely at facts wink

Quote:
This is something that someone who denies his spiritual NEED can simply never understand.

Okay, i am a moron because i don't believe but search the truth. I can live with that. I will not allow to think old religious men for me. I think by myself. I am used to it smile

Quote:
If my confidence in knowing the truth comes accross as arrogant to you then I am sorry, I do not wish to be arrogant. But by the same token I will not allow my confidence to be erroded by half baked truths from mere imperfect error prone man regardles of how intelligent they claim they are.

The bible is made of half baked truths. It is fixed in that state it had before 2000 years and unchangeable. Well, yeah, translations, the milleniums and some adjustments did a few changings. But that's basically it. Science searches for facts and tries to fill the gaps. It is alive and in constant movement. When a theory turns out to be untrue then it gots removed.

Again, when you think you can disprove the evolution theory then do so. Nobel price is waiting for you and for everybody else that is able to smile

Faith has to be faith and science has to stay science. Faith ends where knowledge starts.

Last edited by Tiles; 10/25/08 09:20.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de