Quote:
Im just stating that soon you will be an archeologist, at that point you are no longer a guy on a game forum, archeologists are a sort of scientist, and you should be willing to look a facts completely if you are going to be a scientist. Im not interested in that type of science for the reason that it is too full of opinion, but you have to sort through texts,legends, stories, ruins, coins, languages, etc. to arrive at a theory.

Well yeah, but Archeology isn't really as exact as it pretends to be though. A lot is opinion- and consensus-based, especially when it comes to theories related to social and other less tangible issues even when it concerns sites with plenty of archaeological information. Take the Meso-American area and all the colorful theories about Mayas, Aztecs, the Olmec and so on. Sure there's evidence that supports these theories, but at times biased assumptions are made.

Quote:
So therefore I am surprised that you would so easily come to some of the conclusions you seem to arrive at too quickly.

Well yes you are right it probably looks like I jump to conclusions with bias here, however the 'four corner' thing is mainly a translation-related thing. The (probably original?) Hebrew word definitely means 'extremities' among many other things. It could be 'corners', but having 4 of them may also be an indication for wind directions.

For me it was more a matter of showing a different theory as a lot of people interpret these texts differently. To be honest I don't really know what the 'correct' translation ánd interpretation should be in this case, a lot of things can make sense.

Quote:
Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Sounds like a description of the sky to me. Who's to say they think the four winds also come from the four corners of the earth? I'm probably biased again, but there's more interpretations possible here.

It's not like it must mean only one thing anyways. Just think of the 'Gods', 'spirit', 'beings' issue of the same nature. Sometimes the translations make you wonder what was meant, that's all I'm saying. smile

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software