Quote:

summer and winter have to do with the tilt of the earth, not the earth's slightly elliptical orbit.

I am glad you corrected that, anybody can make incorrect statements, none of us are completely correct all the time. But that dosn't nullify the point.
It all boils down to evidence of design. To reject the conclusion that arises from this undeniable design is to reject the very foundation of the conclusions reached in many branches of science.

Here is another difficulty that I have with evolution.
For evolution to be true (I am not saying it is or it isn't. I simply don't believe it)
For evolution to be true, that would mean that in-animate elements/compounds came together somehow to form amino acids. Those amino acids somehow came together to form proteins. Many different varieties of proteins somehow came togeter to form the first living organism. The so called "simple cell". If ever there was a gross understatement its that one. "The simple cell".

Anyway, I digress.
I cannot logically comprehend any other way that varies too much from that sequence of events. Further, that process must have taken some considerable amount of time.
Everything that I know and understand about chemistry (I am not a chemist, but it is an interrest) says that is impossible.

Science has proven that it is possible to randomly produce amino acids, yes.
But those amino acids are quickly broken down again by ultraviolet light.
Evolutionary theorist try to overcome that difficulty by placing the amino acids into water. A "biological soup" as it were.

It is a scientifically observable fact that water is a destroyer of more complex chemicals, let alone amino acids. Amino acids would simply not hold their structure long enough to form proteins and if amino acids wouldn't survive long enough then proteins would have absolutely no chance.

Single celled organisms can and do survive in water, how?
The have a protective membrane to keep the water out.
What is that protective membrane made from?
Proteins! what are proteins made from? Amino acids!

The only way that we know that amino acids can be assembled into proteins is in the cells of living organisms. They are just too complex to come about in any other way.

Now we have a chicken and egg problem.
You need a cell to make proteins
You need proteins to make the protective membrane to surround the cell so it can assemble amino acids to make proteins to make more cells.
So which came first. The cell or the protein.
Can't have been the protein because it can't exist outside of a living cell.
Can't have been the cell because you need proteins to make the cell.

There is only one answer that I can think of. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The answer. Both the proteins and the cell came into existence in the same millisecond.

Sorry guys, I have extreme difficulty in beliving in anything but creation.
I am just an average guy of average intelligence but I have spent 35 years deeply considering this issue (I am 53). I was not always a creationist. In fact I used to be an evolutionist. As I stated earlier, I am forced to conclude, there is a creator. I accept the possibilty that I am wrong. I believe it is simply impossible to absolutely proove creation. But I can tell you that I have seen nothing here to re convert me back to evolution.
A house without solid foundations simply cannot stand.

Creation is proven to me by exclusion
Evolution can't be true so it must be creation

Last edited by delerna; 10/21/08 10:45.