Quote:
Err, the poodle was first mentioned in end of 19th century. It is not godmade. But the result of mutation and selection. When there is no evolution then there is also no change. The Poodle is change compared to the previous dog races. A subspecies, and that is a poodle, it is a subspecies of dogs, always the start of a new species. That's where separation starts. The bodysize and shape leads to other habit of eating and living. A chihuahua is surely not able to sucessfully hunt a deer. And surely not able to carry childs from a great dane. Here the evolution has still reached the sexual barrer that divides the races. And that is macroevolution, right?

To say it is still a dog is true. It is also true that it is a mammal, or an animal. To say it is not evolution is simply false.

I did not say it was Godmade. Neither did I say it was not a product of evolution. And yes, a chihuahua/great dane mix is possible. The reason you never hear about it is that because of the difference in size, they would have trouble mating. Google it.
As I said, that's microevolution taking place not macroevolution. The chihuahua is still a dog.

Quote:
The catholic church said earth is flat. We now have the consensus that the earth is round. Too much provable facts pointed in that direction. And finally the catholic church couldn't longer ignore it and agreed that the earth is round. That in this point the bible is wrong - that was in 2001. The catholic church says there is no evolution. Well. Too much provable facts points in the evolution direction. Just a matter of time until the church also agrees in this point

Instead of simply saying there's proof for evolution, why don't you post it. And yes, the Catholic church was ignorant in those times and dislikes change very much. But then it was called a 'church' but it's actions/beliefs could hardly be called Christian. It was a political organization using the name of Christ.

Quote:
The chance that you win in a lottery is let's say 30.000.000 to 1. And you nevertheless have dozens of winners every week. The sum of solar systems in just this galaxy is around 300 billion. And that is just one galaxy

How then do you get a solar system with an EXACTLY correct distance from the sun/other planets, an EXACT ratio of gases forming the atmosphere with little to no toxic gases, an EXACT ratio of land and water (the simple fact that it HAS water in its liquid state is one thing that sets Earth apart from other planets), and that had the EXACT chemicals in the EXACT same place at the EXACT same time in the EXACT quantities with EXACTLY zero 'wrong' chemicals that would ruin the reaction. It simply is not possible. Think about it: I said in my previous post that the average protein has several thousands of amino acids, and one single cell needs more than one of each protein to funciton properly. How could thousands of amino acids join together in the correct order, and then do so agin a few seconds later? How could this happen with all the diverse numbers of proteins needed for life?

Quote:
I think we should be able to agree though that the Bible by far isn't specific enough about Earth for us to simply assume it clearly says the Earth is round.

No it's not specific enough to assume it clearly says the Earth is round. It's not specific enought to assume it clearly says the Earth is flat either. Either way, 'from the four corners of the Earth' means from all parts of the Earth. It's a simple metaphore written so people from the present and from history could understand it.

Quote:
all too often we see presumptuous anti-creationists making fairytale claims on behalf of the bible in order to say it's wrong.

and they claim to be the more logical side

Couldn't agree with you more.

Now about the atmosphere as mentioned above. Earth's atmosphere is comprised of: 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and 1% other gases (carbon dioxide, oxone etc etc. As it turns out, that's a perfect combination to sustain life. Breathing excess amounts of oxygen for long times can result in lung injuries and chest pains, and since oxygen is flammable, for every 1% increase of oxygen levels in the atmosphere, there's a 70% added chance of forest fires happening. This is not much of a problem however, simce the oxygen levels have been diluted wiht nitrogen. This is good, because most gases are toxic to humans and animals however nitrogen is extremely unreactive, so however much we inhale with each breath, it doesn't react with our bodies in any way.

Quote:
The bible teaches nothing. The bible gets interpreted by religious people. And they teach the interpreted content then. And dependand of their mood the content points in different directions.

In that case, Darwin's finches teach nothing, they were just interpreted by Darwin according to his mood. And then he taught others according to his mood at the time.

Quote:
To me and many scholars it's quite obvious they wrote this down as if they thought the earth had boundaries, where in reality it's a sphere that has no boundaries.

Yes they did think the earth was flat. But again that's not the point of the text.

Quote:
A circle? A curtain? A tent? At best this a the description of a flat circular surface with half a sphere (of the sky above) on top.

Do you have ANY idea what a metaphore is?

Last edited by PlaystationThree; 10/20/08 12:54.

Bet you don't know where Taiwan is lol.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation..." Psm 27:1