Quote:
"gather together the dispersed of Judah from [all over] the earth"?

Why do you think they've chosen 'corners' here when they could have simply used the Hebrew word for 'all over'. I'm aware that Kanaph ís often translated as 'extremities', but it changes nothing as extremities is just another word for saying 'ends'.

To me and many scholars it's quite obvious they wrote this down as if they thought the earth had boundaries, where in reality it's a sphere that has no boundaries.

Perhaps the sea had no relevance in this case, perhaps they meant the boundaries of land (not earth) you can live on, but fact is the text isn't specific enough about what's really meant here.

Also, other parts of the Bible do not clarify that earth is believed to be a sphere either, quite the contrary;

Quote:
22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

A circle? A curtain? A tent? At best this a the description of a flat circular surface with half a sphere (of the sky above) on top.

Quote:
the Creator of the ends of the earth

'The Creator of the extremities of the earth'... sounds like the entire earth was meant after all.

Quote:
i'm not arguing that it says the earth is round. i'm saying that it doesn't say it's flat. i don't know where it describes four corners, but either way that was (and still is) a common way to describe a vast travel or something similar.

all too often we see presumptuous anti-creationists making fairytale claims on behalf of the bible in order to say it's wrong.

and they claim to be the more logical side.

and

Quote:
my pillow has four corners as well.

If a text doesn't clarify what is meant with whatever shape it would mention, it still doesn't really mean anything. For example your pillow example shows that even though it may have four corners, how the three dimensional space was thought to be the earth is still open for debate so to speak as it isn't clarified. The upper part of the pillow may be a representation of the sky instead of earth itself.

It has little to do with presumptions and a lot to do with texts not being specific enough to really determine the world view. In my opinion it is very unlikely that they thought the earth was spherical.

Quote:
Something I forgot to Add:

Even the position of the sun reletive to the earth is exact. If the sun was as little as 2% closer to the earth, we would get too much solar heat and the earth would be a DESERT wasteland. If it was as little as 2% farther away, we wouldn't get enough solar heat and the earth would be an ICY wasteland. This seaks volumes for the fact that the universe has a designer.

Well, if I'm not mistaken the position of the sun relative to the earth is not constant though, sometimes it's closer to the sun, sometimes it's further away.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software