Originally Posted By: testDummy

excerpt:
Quote:
There is another, I confess, which, though by itself it be no true ground of probability, yet is often made use of for one, by which men most commonly regulate their assent, and upon which they pin their faith more than anything else, and that is, the opinion of others; though there cannot be a more dangerous thing to rely on, nor more likely to mislead one;

Quote:
since there is much more falsehood and error among men than truth and knowledge.

I couldn't agree more with said,

Quote:
where does the bible say the earth is flat?

What about it mentioning 4 corners? What about the texts being very vague about what's really meant? I really don't think a round earth has corners... By the way, it's a bit stupid to repeat the same arguments over and over just because we disagree on the interpretation of text.

I think we should be able to agree though that the Bible by far isn't specific enough about Earth for us to simply assume it clearly says the Earth is round. Judged by our history, the egg of Columbus and what not I pretty much doubt the Bible's interpretation has stayed the same through time on this subject. Especially because going by some historic texts it weren't sailors who warned for falling of the edge of the world,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software