hi all,

i tried this code even though my card doesnt support hardware shaders, it seems to work, but not really too sure, i modified a model and added a normal map to it, added the action to the model then ran it with a plain version of the model beside it to compare, well the shader is definately working but it is really dark and i can only really make out one part of the model skin and it is definately bumpmapped, however this won't due for a game, i must be missing something, do i need a dynamic light in the scene to really see the effect, or maybe do i need to adjust the material? i'm rather new to this, i just upgraded from a5 and really don't know about all the material effects and stuff, if anyone can help, i'd be grateful, i'll even send my test project if anyone wants to see it. Also while i'm at it, i have another questionit seems rather easy to apply this shader to a model or terrain, but how would i go about using it on a map entity, as map entities don't have skins really, just textures, so i don't really understand how to add a normal map to a map entitiy for use by the shader, anyway, like i said, i'm new to this stuff so bear with me on these. Anyway that's all i need right now, thanks in advance for any help.

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here