I bought the engine 2 weeks ago and still play around but my impression
so far is:

What i like:
- The engine in general is easy to use (but see comments below!!!)
- The render results look great with small effort
- The shadow generation is fully automatic (including models)
- The WorldEditor shows lightning, shader effects and physics immediately (only postprocessing is missing)
- The terrain support is great for really large terrains
- Physics (Very easy to use)
- You get good support from the community
- You get a lot for the price (which is also true for gamestudio)

What i dislike:
- The documentation is still very basic or simply not existing
- Many features are not self explaining and it is hard to understand the usage without documentation
- The current target platform is BlitzMax basic (there is no tutorial for C++ at the moment)
- Many features move to shaders instead of providing API calls (e.g. fog, water)
- The Import from the WorldEditor is still very basic (you have to post process it in your source code)
- Many features i got used to in gamestudio are missing (e.g. pathfinding, GUI, Trigger ...)
- The engine is based on OpenGL which i see critical in regards to future support of drivers ... (my opinion)
- I do not know how many developers are working on the engine but it appears to me the team is relativly small (Future Save?).

So as my current summary leadwerks is a very interesting engine but in my opinion still work in progress (documentation, features...). But i have to say there is a lot of good progress at the moment.
There is a good set of feature and a really good rendering engine but you need more recent hardware.

Again this is only my opinion but i hope it helps.

Image from the Leadwerks Demo:

Image from the World Editor:

One of the models of my game in leadwerks (shader and shadow assigned automatically from leadworks):