Quote:
yes, and because of that discussion shortly before the deadline i have provided a second version which doesn't use obfuscated code and tricks like that. have you seen my second version? i only had to leave away the sound effects and the dust to stay within the limits.

Yeah, everything is a bit irritating. The three most voted entries are also praised for its gameplay and the presentation, but not for their coding. I like that Vent' made a second version that has the same feature set as the "obfuscated" one but still not exceeding the two limits.

If I would'nt had wrote my own entry wink I would be unsure if I would vote for it. Sure, it's tricky ^^ but I just use common tricks to encapsule instructions and only some #define tricks to save some bytes. So, most people are just convinced by the gameplay and the imagery (or people who just like the game... in my case the whole Binärpilot community (which is small.. btw)) and so on.

Also, it could be difficult for people who are not so into programming to see how nice some things are solved to save semicolons.

Its hard to decide I think and it seems that most people just vote for the gameplay part of the particular game. That is not the way the contest has been intended, but who cares.

The voting is always a difficult thing and Vent is right about this. So, here my suggestion for the next contest(s): make 3 prizes chosen by Conitec and one user award decided by a poll like this. The official prizes are higher than the user award (because no one can cheat or the voting is influenced by other circumstances - AND then it is more attractive for developers) and the user award a bit lower,.. like these vouchers or something else.

Last edited by HeelX; 06/24/08 14:20.