Originally Posted By: Impaler
You are right about the Urey-Miller experiment: It does not prove that life could not have arisen by chance. However it does prove that it could not have come about by that process, and that is the only theory that I know of (besides from outer space, but that just moves the problem to space, doesn't it?)

Actually as far as I know there are about 10 different plausible theories about the origin of life. Look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_life

Science at the moment does not know which of the 10 is right, if any. Thats still one of the gaps in our knowledge but does not mean that God sits in all those gaps. If He did, he would become smaller and smaller as our knowledge grows and the gaps are getting smaller and smaller. Thats why I do not believe that you can find God in gaps, as Creationists think.

Originally Posted By: Impaler
Also, the amino acids will not form in the presence of oxygen, and oxygen is just as much a part of water vapour as hydrogen is, Tobias.

Thats a misunderstanding, Impaler. Amino acids will form in the presence of water vapor. Only pure oxygen O2 or O3 can prevent the forming of long amino chains, but pure oxygen was not present in the early atmosphere.