I'm looking at anaglyph pictures on the internet, and tho I'm not 100% certain, it does appear that closer objects get less shift, and further objects get more shift...

The other thing is that it doesnt seem to get wider and wider the further an object is. At some point, the big rock 100 meters away will have about the same shift as the tall building 1 kilometer away (remember, youre eyes are only about 2 inches/5 cm apart.

It's when an object is physically closer, and much closer that the 3D effect is at it's best.

I don't know how this post porocessing shader works, but in my un-expert opinion, I think there should be a falloff point, about 2 meters/6 feet where the shifting remains the same for all objects further away, or tapers off very slowly.

I mean, a lot of 3D movies deliberatly exaggerate the effect for the 'fun factor' because the objects that will make you duck away from the screen are really close to you anyway.

Check out this page... it's about how to take/make 3D anaglyph pictures and using a free program to make a 3D image.

Free Anaglyph Program/ tuorial

the best 3D effects are done with 2 cameras anyway... is this effect just imposing the same camera view and adding red/cyan versions? I'm not saying it wont work, and it may be th easiest way too.. just curious.

Ok guys, i'm doing all the homework... make a great 3D effect! lol

- Jason

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com