First and foremost, here's where you can get free 3d glasses... just send a self addressed stamped envelope:

3D info and free glasses

Second, and also important, there are red/cyan and red/blue and other colors.

using red/blue with a red/cyan image may not work right, and the same with red/cyan glasses with a red/blue image. Make sure the right glasses are used.

I learned something new today, and when I read it, it makes sense and I hadnt thought about it much before. If anyone has ideas of a game/application to use 3D, there's a special consideration to keep in mind.

The red/cyan type of 3D effect best works with, say, movies that are black and white or have a very low color satuation. This is due to the blending of colors of various shades of red and blues that can mess up the 3D effect.

That's why they use the polarized lenses at theatres mostly and those big screen movie houses... so you can have 3D -AND- full color.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, polarized images can't be reproduced on a computer screen because it's a 'physical' effect caused by a special screen using tiny 'reflectors' on the screen, directing each projectors image to one angle.

The red/cyan effect, obviously, can be reproduced, and it sure can be fun to play with. Just keep in mind the problem with using colors like red/cyan with colorful scenes.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I like dark dungeon gothic type stuff, and with a low color saturated or a black and white scene, something fantasticly cool could be made with 3D.

But if you're looking for a full color game or scene, it will be difficult to make it great looking unless you can carefully control what colors are used in the scene.... and good luck not having any reds or blues in a 'full color' scene

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know exactly '0' about shaders, and even less about post processing. I know we discussed 3D a couple years ago using2-3 cameras and frame switching etc etc, but I don't think anyone did anything with it. And i have no clue how much processing power is required to make such effects work (and i suspect not many do)

My opinion is also that if anyone works with trying to make a 3D effect, they should gear it to doing a real time application with it. Call me a visionary, or an idiot, but I think a 3D 'anything' would be a hit and if I can find an inspiring programmer, I'm definitely looking to make something in 3D.

I'm totally inspired !

- Jason

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com