Quote:

The screens look amazing. Great work!
For the discussion about the baked lights:

Interactive Architecture

There was also a big discussion about rendering lights and bake them on geometry.
This project was done in A6 and we just used some simple shaders/scripts to combine the lightmaps with the diffuse textures. There is no need for a plugin to realize such nice looking sceneries. All you need is a serious render-engine

Conitecs engine supports lightmaps, cool, use it.

cheers

zwecklos

I have to agree with Trooper119 here, it isn't much about the shaders, it's about the rendering engine, and for the price of A6 you get an ok rendering engine, you get what you pay for, but, it also seems outdated. It doesn't take that many models in a scene before your framerate drops considerably. Also trying to add shaders to it is adding insult to injury, for instance i've played HL2 and HL2 Episode 1 and they both run faster than most games i've played on this engine, even the ones without shaders....sure you can run these shaders, but try running them in a game that has plenty of models on screen at a time, like an outdoor fps, if you can't play a game like that with a decent framerate, then shaders are out of the question and shouldn't be included as the engine's current state....

Just an opinion - Manslayer101

And btw, the lightmapped scene looks great David, Ventilators plugin did really make a difference

Last edited by mpdeveloper_B; 11/20/07 16:16.

- aka Manslayer101