Quote:

impressive. still, it's static lighting and static shadows only which is quite limiting. imagine the trees waving in the air, throwing dynamic shadows on the houses, day/night cycles with changing atmosphere...

I still don't quite get what you want to say with this. It is not Far Cry, we all know that, and A7 is not the Cry Engine. So what? We are not Bluebyte, we are not Crytec, we are not Dave Perry. Astonished?

To me, there is nothing more convincing than this plugin, because all the other shader based tools like Sphere or IceX killed the frame rate and caused issues where I would have needed an additional coder who only had to take care of compatibiliy of the shaders and keeping everything visible as it should be. (And, be sure, I wasted a lot of time with this experiments! )

Maybe, Zapan's plugin does the job within reasonable frame rates and efforts, but, ventilator's plugin already showed what it does.

This is my rant for the 'bird in the hand' which 'is worth two in the bush'.

And, take another look, look at the market, and where people like us with the engine we've got could have a chance to compete:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1059/virtualvillagers/index.html
Look at this this way: the CryEngine has no chance to compete on this market!

Quote:

imagine the trees waving in the air, throwing dynamic shadows on the houses, day/night cycles with changing atmosphere...

For this there are workarounds possible:
- dynamically changing the fog adds much to the athmosphere
- one could cycle through shadowmaps of the house roof