well for one thing, why can't we use a diffuse map for lighting on our models anyway, or why isn't the light coded to do this anyway? it seems like a6 kept a5's lighting and rendering engine with some minimal improvements. In all honesty before all the shaders and stuff can be added, we need a new rendering engine altogether, as it is the rendering engine is.....ok....but of course i only have a6.5, but even then, the rendering engine is a bit outdated, now an example of my two favorite rendering engines are the serious engine and the unreal engine, unreal being the best, because both are good at making out huge terrains and outdoor environments, i think it's about time to start moving 3dgs in this direction, considering it's popularity has really grown over the years, and way more people are starting to get it, originally it was for casual games, and the engine is perfect for them, but now people are trying good fps', horror games, and other games that require a better render engine.

Actually, i love 3DGS and it's support, if all the bugs were worked out, and the rendering engine was redone along with shaders, and a new lighting engine, it would be one of the best, because of the huge amount of support that you don't get with most engines...

- aka Manslayer101