I've been silent for a while. I've been very busy at the day job (and consistently behind....i.e. stressed out and tired)), so there has been very little movement on The Disenfranchised. My animator is MIA (I drove him mad I think 'tis a shame, the AVI tests I was getting from him were knockouts); however I have a new one who is going to do some rigging for me and play with the Truebones BVH files that I eventually send his way. I will Showcase some animations one of these days or years.

Here's my newest model from Dan. She may undergo some tweaks eventually (more detail on her torso), but she looks like my source (which follows the model image). She's a bit "bright" but keep in mind this was captured from MED, that the A7 engine will shade everything accordingly:

This one took a while to get because he's been busy on other important matters outside of the industry (and good for him...he's about 10 years older than me and what he's doing or has already done is fantastic. I know of one other member a bit older than him that did the same thing and what they did is paying off).

I will use him again IF he's up to it, but my recent move and marriage has taken some getting used to (the move not the marriage ). The new financial responsibilities will ultimately slow down the model creation process, but I've filled him in on all of this.

One last bit of "new" info. I have abandoned the 2.75D technique I was so excited about trying. As with my flip flop from Wintermute back to 3DGS, the issue comes down to time and the amount of work I've put into the full 3D version. I would certainly like to use that technique in a future title (if there is one and should I live that long), but it isn't going to happen this go round, although I could perhaps use it in conjunction with the full 3D in some way but only in an appropriate manner. There are hundreds of examples of games of all calibers incorporating 2D elements to simulate 3D for framerate/memory savings, so this particular use is nothing new.

Anyway, that's where I stand at the moment. Now, that I've made a firm decision, I hope to fire up WED and get back to work on this wannabe piece of vaporware.

As always, questions and comments are welcomed.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links