Hey Orange Brat,

I just happened to stample accross your thread, and see you're having some I.P. problems.. I actually remember you asking for a way to detect if the point clicked is walkable or not, and find a compromise in the lattest case..

I've played around it a bit back then and didn't found any straight-forward solution, but still it's a pretty easy problem to fix and i'll do it soon as I've promised you. It's just been a really busy year for me, and I had to set up my priorities straight

Nevertheless, I intend to add a lot of adventure features to one of the advanced editions of IntenseX(commercial or pro) if you're interested, like intense dialogues, point and click movement(with that I.P. problem fixed), probably an inventory, and other stuff that could hopefully make adventure making easier, if not completely programming-free using A6/A7.. So, although i can't promise you a specific date yet, i will have that done sometime for sure, if you want to make specific plans about your game around it..

To cut this short, the whole rant was about you keeping the point and click movement for your game. Being a huge adventure fan myself, i could never stand games like Myth or anything that wouldn't let you directly control your character, so hopefully with IntenseX you can change your mind again. I've been following your project for a long time now and i'm really interested to see some first implementations on it, just like you've initially designed it, without programming limitations and whatnot.

By the by, i wouldn't want to force you into buying anything, if you don't really need any of the extra IntenseX features. After I work on the 3rd person point and click movement feature, i'll update the free Intense Pathfinding product as well, just in case. If I wasn't swamped, i'd work on this today, cause we just don't see projects like adventures and Rts's made with gamestudio very often, and that's just not right...

Cheers!
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!