The models Dan/Andvari are working on will be usable. The level designs themselves won't go to waste. I'll just have to recreate in Blender and export the hidden scene geometry with the Blender -> WME plugin. Cinema4D can export the special kind of 3DS that are usable by WME, too.

..or..

I may try some experiments with WED and A6 and taking screen captures from the realtime levels. This would require me to make them a bit more detailed and I'd probably have to use a per pixel light shader to get better shadows and lighting. There's a game called Limbo of the Lost that used both 3DGS and WME in this manner, but I don't think they took the shaders route. Anyway, framerate wouldn't be an issue given they'd be stills.

The only problem with that is that you need the hidden geometry for walking planes and collision for the 3D models to walk around in and for stencil shadow casting. WED exports 3DS, so hopefully that can be opened in Blender and then re-exported out. All I'd need is the simpler collision geometry and not the detailed visible level. I'd have to place some dummy blocks in there and replace with cameras and lights (once in Blender) that WME will use.

I don't know if it will work, but I'll try. Level creation in WED is much easier for me. And, you never know..I could always come back here with it. Fortunately, we have a Blender to MDL7 plugin and A7/WED will convert mesh to blocks(or whatever magic it's supposed to do), so no lost ground if that were to happen.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links