Here's my current look...this is in engine. The townhouse and the starkness(the style) is all I'm showcasing...the white area(on the left) and the placeholder(on the right) will be dealt with eventually. Get used to the bright white windows on solid black...that will be extensively used...esp. on background buildings that don't require any detail. Anyway, it still requires some tweaking, and I might bring down the overall ambient a bit, but that's a matter for another day.

I'm also going to "invent" a visual style for light halos and the representation of light, in general. Well, it's already invented...I just have to apply my idea. I can't just place static point lights for it, I'll have to do a bit of tracing to influence the model's ambient, but I'm experimenting with first person(gasp!!!!) so perhaps not.

BTW, this Ward Jenkins illustration has been a major source of inspiration for weeks, now:

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links