I said I was going to start a new thread for any future official news, but I don't see the point given the bittersweet subject(and no I'm not quitting ).

I've decided to leave 3DGS behind and move on to a new engine to continue development on The Disenfranchised, and I've decided to use the Wintermute Engine for that purpose. It's dedicated, 2D adventure game authorware, and it fits my game like a glove. It features a scripting language, as well as, a wide assortment of functions that are specifically built for the genre. It has a full suite of realtime GUI editors, and the next free update will add 3D object support, so if I wanted to do a Syberia/Syberia II or Grim Fandango(alternate site: http://www.ninth-world.com/) style game, I could. I'm kind of up in the air on that one. Full 2D or not full 2D?

With all this said, I'm still going to hang around the forum and answer questions(if I can), and I'm still going to use WED for prototyping and SED for the script editor(gotta remember not to press F5 ). I'll continue to update everyone on my progress, since I'm still using 3DGS, but I'll move it into a new thread like I mentioned last time. So, for the second time...this thread officially comes to a close(except answers to any questions).

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links