I think that's 3 compliments without a thank you...so thanks for the kind words.

Black and white is a beautiful thing. It forces you to pay attention to what is right in front of you. There's no color to distract the eye, although, color is great when used correctly, too. Watch the movie Glengarry Glen Ross for some of the best color usage I've ever seen. Beautiful stuff. Find the Orson Welles classic The Third Man for equally beautiful B&W, shadows, camera angles, etc.

I actually updated the screen since the post...so that is why what I describe sort of contradicts what is presented. Still heavy WIP, though. For some reason, that angle reminds me of The Shining. I also haven't given it that abstract look from the other two areas, but I don't think I'll bother. I like it the way it is and the doorways(which are in the style) will be enough I think.

I think my main problem, in the end, is going to be models. I am just not "built" for it. I'm trying to learn, but I'm much more comfortable with level construction. This is why you see no models in any of my shots.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links