The cameras are fine, as is, there's nothing impossible about anything. There have been some "thrown together" invisible barriers placed here and there for the demo, simply because yes they do need some tweaking. However, I already mentioned they are WIP, although they are basically "almost" final.

The cinematic, story based games that have used this camera style have been some of the most successful in gaming history, both financially and critcally, and I'm attempting to take the storytelling to the next level. I can understand if it's not your style, but it's the same as 1st person shooters and multiplayer not being mine. Apples and oranges and different strokes for different folks. Same goes for lighting schemes. Some people like light and cheery, others like dark and gloomy. Some of us like both.

Quote:

Black and white.. with no textures? ummm
no one will want to play a whole game like this.. no way. The concept is overly dogmatic and contrived. rethink your visual concept to allow for more variation in visual experience. At least make b&W textures.. bricks, concrete, etc

First, you don't know anything about my game or what it's about or any other specifics other than the snowflakes I've dropped in this thread and on the website.

Second, there are textures...the visual style is fine...it's stylized and not supposed to be realistic. I don't necessarily want little splashes of color here and there...that's why it's called black and white. Also, this is only 2 levels and you have no idea what kind of "variation" I have planned.

Third, There's nothing contrived and there are plenty of people that will want to play a B&W game. I've made my reasons for doing it this way quite clear. If there is one thing people want, it is something different. This certainly is, and your statement that no one would want to play it is just flat out wrong. You are stating it as if it is a fact and you quite frankly don't know what you're talking about. Sorry, about my little outburst here but you're clueless 100%.

Finally, all of these things are fine or working, your tone is not. Sorry, but this elitist snob "critique" doesn't sit well with me. I realize it's your opinion, which you are entitled to, but you've pressed the recently coined "goon" button and offered up a glorified "this sucks" which nullifies your opinion in my and others' eyes. If I've misunderstood or misinterpreted your remarks, then sorry, but otherwise thanks but no thanks.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links