@A. Russell:

Thanks

@tesanders:

It seems that gamma is a build option and I can't set it before a level loads like some have suggested. You can increase the brightness by increasing a view's ambient level, but the way it does it does not keep the contrast in check. JCL mentioned in another thread about using the new material system and I guess mat_shaded is what I'm wanting to experiment with. I've received some semi-promising results.

________

Well, anyway, I'm going to hold off on this matter. I'm also having 2nd thoughts about the cameras. I walked through the 2 levels with my regular 3rd person cam and I'd love nothing more than to use it full time. 1) I like the "feel" of it better, 2) Less hassles when it comes to certain enemy/combat management sitauations. I'm a designer, not a coder. I can get some stuff done, but the artistic side is what I like working with and what I'm best at.

That brings me to the 3rd person camera. The reason I can't use it is because of the wall clipping thing. That's old news, however. That's the one thing holding me back from using it, and it's frustrating. My request(plead ) for assistance in implementing the feature still stands to anyone that would be willing to lend a helping hand. My PM box is always open. If it never gets perfected, no biggie, I'll just stick with the current setup.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links