Too dark, in general, or just in a few specific locations? There may be a few spots in level 1 where I may punch up the overall brightness a tad, but the goal is to emphasize very bright brights and very dark darks and heavy use of shadows(stencil when they arrive) which ties in with the 40s Noir look. One of the main problems is that not everyone's monitor is set correctly and it can be perfect on one and completely dark on another.

I've mentioned it before, but one of the best examples of this is to watch the Coen Bros. film, "The Man Who Wasn't There" aka "The Barber" in some countries. While this is a modern film, it was an homage to B&W 40s Noir and its look is basically the one I'm going for(though I came up with it well before this film ever came out). See its trailer at the link above.

As for the cameras, well, they're going to stay, but I'm always tweaking. For example, some of the views, in the "demo", are different from the ones that were there when I first offered it. The one shown in the 2nd screen above, is no longer present(and it happened to be one of my favorite angles).

I'm playing with the possibility of allowing the player to choose whether they want these cameras or a traditional 3rd person one. Even if they choose the current scheme, they will still be able to look around and move in regular 3rd person whenever they want via holding down a button(assuming I get it right - I have something in place, just not perfected, yet).

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links