Here's a 2-level 3rd person walkthrough for everyone to try out. This is hardcore WIP and nowhere near complete. Anything is a candidate for change, and I'm just after some FEEDBACK, since I'm still fairly early in development. If you are familiar with the series Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, or Nocturne, then you will be familiar with this.

It's around 2.28MB and defaults to 1024x768:

http://www.orangebrat.com/thedisenfranchised.zip

Controls: Standard WASD to move and mouse to rotate the player. "W" will move the player forward no matter which direction it faces

To get to level 2, simply walk into the front door on the bottom floor. Also, there is a hallway in the front door corridor and you'll miss it if you walk immediately to the door.

Known issues:

1) Quantization error artifacts - those little, shadowy rectangular boxes are everywhere. JCL is working on something that should eliminate them.

2) Controls - currently it uses standard Resident Evil style controls. Other options are being considered as alternate methods

3) The dark - Yes, it is supposed to be THAT dark. Let me know if it is so dark that you can't see anything. If there is glare on your monitor it makes it harder to see, so the darker your surroundings the better. I will probably give the player a lightsource and/or implement gamma correction for the player to change. Simply adding more to the global ambient value destroys the mood I'm after, and ambience must be handled on a per face basis

Last edited by Orange Brat; 10/24/03 00:58.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links