Doesn't work in A6.60 and the port manager shows the server is dropping all ports needed for multiplayer. Then just sit there like nothing happend. No error message. Clients can't connect anymore. Don't know how it will work with A7, because I cannot even trial it until Conitec release my key.

The manual says clients don't need port assigned they obtain them automatically. The server can be run with port ranging from 2300 to 2400. What I don't understand is why I would want to run the server on any port? If the client doesn't have to know it because the engine will connect to the correct port!

So the client connects with -cl -ip -pl, and then the engine on client side will try all ports (2300-2400) on the server until one matches with the one i've set with -sv -port. Or try all in the case no port was set at all? Don't understand the logic behind it. Looks almost like ports are only good for when you own Gamestudio Pro as you can setup more than one server with that edition.

What I would like to know, is how the client application finds the server port if the server is behind a router. Does the server penetrate the router or vice versa? Or does the client-side application just try port 2300, 2301 etc etc until it matches!?

Oh and wait there is one reason why I would want the port feature. For instance when I have another application that must be run on one of the ports acknex engine uses for multiplayer functions and want to prevent any conflict between them.

smile