Quote:

I hope you don't mind , but I'd like to comment a bit on your view.

Not at all. I love this sort of discussion.

Quote:

You seem to assume there's no such thing as infinity then, when I understand correctly?

I couldn't tell you for sure whether or not there is an actual infinite "something." There may be some thing that is infinite, that I just don't know of.

Space, perhaps?

Quote:

Because when something does exist, you seem to assume it wasn't always there.

No, what I know is that by the nature of time, time could not have existed forever. There has to be a starting point. Time cannot be an actual infinite, it can only be a potential infinite.

Therefore, the universe had a beginning.

Quote:

It's certain the universe has been different from what it's now, but it's not certain that it wasn't always around already, although very different.

No, its quite certain that the universe hasn't been around forever. Otherwise we would never have reached "today". If you can keep stacking days one on top the other one day at a time (and have been doing this for an infinite amount of time) there will be a never-ending amount of days that would never happen because there would be an infinite amount of days before getting there. The same is true going back in time, so we can deduce that it isn't possible for the universe to have existed forever.

Quote:

I think ultimately our problem is time, someone should really design a time-machine (if possible at all ) so we can figure out certain things.

Unless that time machine throws us into alternate universes, and then we aren't getting anywhere.

Quote:

I'm not attacking your view, but it really seems to me you are thinking a bit like this; "because we don't know, it or there has to be God, because God gives a purpose".

Well, it seems to me that you substituted my certainty for your own uncertainty and then projected. I'm certain that the universe had a start, I'm certain that it was "chosen" to be the way it is (finely-tuned, I mean), and I'm certain that life was designed in some way. This all implies that the universe, and life is the end result of the will of some personal force that's "beyond" the universe. To me.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."