Quote:

If the U.S. was ever in a weakened state from being at war with another country.. I think that big mouth would lean toward action.

It's a possibility, but judged on North Korea's most recent attitude they seem to be willing to negotiate a little longer, perhaps even totally give up their current nuclear politics. Perhaps they are simply trying to buy more time (like they did before), but contrary to Iran, North Korea is quite poor so they do not have that much time. I think North Korea would settle for any deal that would involve a joint-nuclear program with another country. For example support from Russia or China to get nuclear energy ready in exchange for abandoning their nuclear weapons program.

The two carriers are there for a reason indeed, but then again both Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan can be easily reached from the Arabian Sea area in case emergency actions are required. Aircraft carriers are not enough to start an invasion, as Iraq showed the bombing of Bagdad early on was highly ineffective.
I could even imagine spy planes flying towards North Korea from there, but for offensive tactics they are a bit too far away I think. Off course the US has some vessels in the Pacific Area, no doubt about it, that could also respond to N-Korea I guess.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software