Quote:

It's possible to comprehend, it's just that something without start or end seems unnatural to us since we are used to this dimension of time and off course wé ourselves are limited in time and space. Compared to infinity our lives are nothing, the time-span is ultra-mega-super-extremely (etc. etc.) close to completely non-existent actually, relative to infinity itself. To say it thus has little meaning to us or that we can't comprehend is a bit shortsighted. It's the difference between saying 'infinity is time/space or whatever is infinite that goes on forever' and saying 'infinity is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 etc.'. It's like the difference between "pi" and '3.14159265...'. We often try to measure something relative in absolutes, that's clearly ineffective when trying to comprehend infinity. "pi" is not 3.14159265, instead it's infinite thus the only correct way to indicate it is with the "pi" symbol. (disclaimer: as far as we know it's a infinite number, but for obvious practical reasons it wouldn't be clever to write it all down every time you use it in a calculation or whatever..)

I see you talking about it yet you misunderstand me. I mean to "see" it in your mind.. to understand eternity in a way that you can grasp how long it will last. Time never started and never ends.

Quote:

Without any evidence it's simply impossible to say anything.

Jesus Christ is latter proof. I dont want to debate here because you know my stand on Jesus. There is evidense and facts. ;-) In the OT they had their proof. Now we have ours.

Quote:

This sounds horribly opportunistic to me, I really can't believe in something "just in case it turns out to be true". That simply doesn't feel right, nor does it make sense actually. If God really knows all, he'd send you to hell perhap just for that. Even if we assume he exists, we still know nothing about what will actually happen when the 'lights go out'. Nobody ever survived dying, you see?

I told you to look at the facts. That takes away the opportunist part. If you base your faith on the facts then you have a foundation. Not that I expect you to understand. Your mind is not open to both sides. "just in case it turns out to be true" You didnt get my meaning at all. The facts that God exist are greater than that He doesnt. If fear drives you to find that out then it is good.

For the record. Fear of God will not get you to heaven. You must believe in Jesus Christ. Just so I am not misunderstood.

Quote:

That's so opportunistic, you seem(! ) to not really believe, you just don't want to go to hell, those are two very different things

Maybe I should have explained better? The story of hell or anyones story of hell would push someone to figure out if God exist. So in short, your belief isnt based on fear. You simply fear hell so you look deeper for answers.. even if that means that you stay atheist because you kind find enough facts.

Quote:

That's about the biggest problem I have with religions, especially the ones that tell you you're going to pay for 'not believing'. It's the oldest trick in the psychological book to maintain control over groups of people. Make them afraid and make them an offer they can't refuse. Sounds very devilish to me actually,

I agree with you and disagree at the same time. Impressed with my multitasking? lol Some churches use the scare tactic. And some churches tell you of hell because they are concerned for your soul. Are you able to judge them?

You have dubbed my comments as those of a opportunist. I dub yours as those of a closed minded person who is not capable of seeing the truth if Jesus Christ was to come down and shake your hand in the flesh. I like to chat about Christianity along with the rest of you obviously. A Christian based topic so quickly tries to turn debate. lol I will tell you this.. from me to any unbeliever. Judgement day will happen. God is real. Ignorance is not an excuse because we all know about God. (even though some choose not to believe, they still know about Him)

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/19/07 01:23.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."