Nitro,

Quote:

Yep thanks, that would be the answer I was looking for, and I can go one step further in saying that it would be the standard answer. Just about every technically oriented college student in America would probably answer the same way. Because this is what is taught as standard evolutionary theory here and I am sure elsewhere.

I assure you, i didn't google searched or anything when trying to answer you. I simply put 2 and 2 together and gave you an answer that I thought that was correct. If more people have agreed with me, i only take it as an extra reason for my answer to stand true.

Quote:

However, if you or I found that this process did not work as a universal law(or governing 'rules' as you so aptly stated), or if we even cast a shadow of doubt upon it, we would placed under much disdain by Dr.David Corne and many other theorists.

If you could disprove this theory with facts, I assure you, Dr David Corne and every other self respected scientist would be very much appreciate your findings, and re-direct their research accordingly. No real scientist ignores proven facts. That would kinda negate the fact of them being.... scientists...

Quote:

However, dont worry, while it is WAY too late for me (for I questioned it a looong time ago) I dont think its too late for you.

Look.. I have no interest into changing your mind or anything.. I only answered your question.. Why do you suddently make this about me and you?

Quote:

well...no, but thats ok, its an irrelevant point, and we are probably saying the same thing in different ways.

inherited mutations

That link talks about inherited cancer I suppose, i didn't read it all.. But anyway.. I was only giving you the Definition of mutation, as it is generally accepted by everyone that is into natural evolution. Mutations are random. Sure, a mutated trait can be inherited, but it's not called a mutation any more. I told you, we were on the same page.. I was just tying to defend the mutation's definition, so there's no misunderstandings to other readers

About the Mutation discussion...

Mutations are nessecery. I will not discuss this any further. If you want to protect your religious beliefs, that's fine by me, to be honest, i don't care if you believe in NAs, or God, or a mix of both or whatever. I thought we were having a serious discussion about how Natural Algorithms work here, and by definition, mutations are beneficial. Without them, there would be no real evolution. If a child would get cross-over information from his parents, then any children would get as good, as the possible combinations between each parents exist. After a certain period of time, evolution would stop(probably a few hundred years after the first organism in earth came to existance(assuming we're only talking about earth)), because mixing and matching from a pre-set of existant information, can produce so many new possibilities. Mutation, brings a new element into the process, and allows evolution to progress.

Now you have to understand, i'm talking about minor mutations here that happen at birth. Mutations occured by exposure to radiation or whatever, will increase the chance of mutation to a very dangerously high percentage, lots of mutation will happen at once(no real evolution there, because large mutation almost never gives good results.. you have to be DAMN lucky..), and most probably you're gonna get cancer, or something like that..

Sometimes, we witness noticable mutations happen at birth, like someone with no legs, or a person with 2 dicks (it's true... check it on YouTube, it's gotta be there..). On rare occasion, the mutation will be beneficial for that person, according to the current environment. If it was Stone Age, a beneficial mutation would be, someone having Huge strong arms, like double the size, so he can defend himself better or something. Today, he would be considered a freak, and probably ugly. But if someone would mutate into... uhh.. exeptionally strong but STILL pretty legs, then this person would win the olympics, be rich, have lots of kids, and his unique trait would be expanded in a bigger population. In a few years, these people could be so rich, they would buy nuclear weapons, form an army, kill everyone else, and the entire population of the earth would be these people, all sharing this new mutated trait.. survival of the fittest

I have no interest in arguing with you whether Natural Evolution is correct or not. All I'm doing is repeating how it works, and how it is defined. If you don't agree with something I'm saying, I don't care to hear what you don't like about it. You could maybe take this arguement to some scientist forum or whatever, that are willing to defend the theory. I'm merely stating what it says. You're free to believe whatever you want

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!