The fact that there is such a little gap in the protein similarities between such varying orders of organisms, magnifies the fact that we simply cannot make ANY claims to certainty. 58% or 51%? Any honest person will admit that there is no way to extrapolate ANYTHING mildly certain from evidence like that.

This is especially true when you note that their comparisons were largely incomplete. How do we know that we won't find another animal that's closer?

Its ok. Your creation myth doesn't have to have ALL the answers, guys. I just think this whole deal is being so overhyped that it kind of adds credence (as far as I'm concerned) to my personal theory that evolution is a psychological replacement for other creation myths. Even if the theory is true, a good portion of it has been allowed to become mythology.

That's all.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 04/14/07 16:48.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."