Quote:

.. start at Matthew and show me examples of any teaching that would push someone to be violent.

That´s an easy exercise, even if I don´t like these silly arguments:

"Think not that I am come to send peace: I came not to send peace but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
(Luke 22:36)

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
(Luke 19:27. In a parable, but spoken of favorably.)

The burning of unbelievers during the Inquisition was based on the words of Jesus:

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." (John 15:6)

If anything, Islam introduced a modest form of tolerance against people of other faith. The prophet, for example, explicitly stated, that it is not allowed to kill non-Muslims in Muslim societies:

Quote:

From the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Al-Awsat by Al-Tabarani, we find regarding those non-Muslims living in the Islamic state,

The Messenger of Allah (saas) said, "One who kills a non-Muslim person under protection (Arabic: dhimmi) will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise."

Also from the Sunnah, specifically in a report from Al-Khatib, we find that the Messenger of Allah (saas) also said:

Whoever hurts a non-Muslim person under protection, I am his adversary, and I shall be an adversary to him on the Day of Resurrection.

link

Quote:

The violent teachings make it ok to use any means needed to kill.

That´s nonsense. Mohammed gave rules for war. Centuries later Thomas Aquinas gave rules for war too. If someone follows the Qur´an it is explicitly not okay to use "any means needed" or to start wars, simply inorder to kill "infidels".

For example - from the Qur´an:

[17:33] Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand retaliation or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life, for he is helped (by the Law)

[22:39] Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them;

From the Sunnah:

[4:52:257] Narrated 'Abdullah: During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

You will find, that not all people, who call themselves Muslims do live up to these standards: women and children are killed, hostages are murdered.

But these actions are in contradiction with the Qur´an and the teaching of Mohammed.

To claim something different - contrary to the evidence - can only embolden the terrorists.