Quote:

Btw, here is a verse below regarding the Byzantine empire.

The Romans have been defeated.
The Quran Sura 30:2

Of course this has absolutely nothing to do with the finall fall of the Byzantine empire, which happened in 1453.
The Qur´an was written several centuries before this and the passage, that you quote was a reference to a battle between the Persians and the Romans in 615 AD.

The fall of the Byzantine empire - and I don´t know, why I should deplore this - started in 1215 AD with the fourth crusade:

Quote:

The Fourth Crusade was an unparalelled military and political catastrophe for the Byzantine Empire. The armies of the Crusade, originally planning to attack Fatimid Egypt, ended up sacking and occupying Constantinople. The irony of sworn defenders of Christianity despoiling the largest and wealthiest city in Christendom was not lost on the Byzantines, who despised the Catholic West for centuries afterwards. [...]
According to a prearranged treaty, the Byzantine empire was dissolved and its territories divided between Venice and the Latin Empire of Constantinople. The Greek Orthodox clergy were displaced by Latin Catholic clergy, while the nobility were displaced by Latin feudal barons. Byzantine exiles fled Constantinople, taking refuge in Nicaea, Trebizond, and Epirus.

link

When the Ottoman Turks finally captured Constantinople, they simply put up what was left.

You might also have a deeper look at the history of Spain. Here the Muslims were invited to assist a certain Julian, count of Ceuta, in his power struggle with Roderic and the Roman Catholic church.

I do not say, that all Muslim nations were peaceful all the time. There were certainly imperial aspects too and lots of clashes with the Christian empires.

But compare the way Jews and Christians were treated by Muslims - for example, when they captured Spain, with the way Christians treated Muslims and Jews - for example, when the crusaders captured Jerusalem.

While Christians for centuries regarded every non-Christian as sub-human, a form of tolerance - especially towards Christians and Jews was part of Islam from the beginning. The Christians came to appreciate these values only centuries later (see enlightenment).