I went into MED and changed the origin so it was more centered, i think part of the problem before was that the origin was inside level geometry. So now the models that I applied the shader to are picking up the dynamic lights, however it seems that the light is getting applied to the entire model evenly, as opposed to per polygon. If that made sense? I lined up 6 of the models and each one gets darker if it's farther from the light, but it's not gradual across the model, it's like each model is assigned a uniform brightness and all the polygons on the model get that brightness. So even though the models are right next to each other, there are visible seams because one is darker than the one before.

EDIT: Actually on closer inspection, the light seems to be applied to the models evenly, it's just that at one of the edges for some reason it suddenly gets gradually darker. It's just the edge that's the problem. I have a couple of normal-mapped boxes lined up as walls and just a little bit before the edge of each box, it gets darker. any ideas?

Last edited by camelot22020; 09/20/07 23:28.