Well I am starting a new project, its my attempt to finish a complete project (small one) in a reletively short amount of time (3weeks-2months).

Basis-
You are in a tournament were hovering vehicles try to destroy eachother, you have option between 5 types of tanks, starting from very fast tanks, and ending in very powerful but slow tanks, on each of these you can mount 4 types of powerups, extra boost tanks (nos), radar recievers, shields, and a second weapon. Depending on how what tank you have will depend on how many slots there are on it to work with.

Graphics-

They wont be incredible, but wont be horrible either. Models are around 2k poly, semi-high res textures etc, I plan to have 3 options for shading: vertex, pixel, and normal mapping. I have copies of the latter two shaders, this should be easy to implement.

AI- The ai will be simple, if the enemy has a radar scanner, it will use pathfinding (via larrylaffers intense pathfinding maybe) and when close, it will charge the player, or circle strafe the player, (random personality) and shoot.

Levels-

The levels will mostly be terrains, with maybe a few trees, and crumbled buildings, most can be blown up easily. I plan to figure out a way t implement shadowmapping on the terrain, but im not sure this will go thru due to time reasons.

Menu-

Lost of metal looking panels, with drill sounds for movement and on clicks.

Help-

Right now I'm not making an official call for help, as it's not completely needed right now, and its only a few models at the moment. If you feel you would like to contribute, I do have connections with a couple of the smaller publishers that you sometimes see on the forums. I plan to publish it thru them and you of course would get a share. As of now the few things I think I'll actually need help with might be gui design, level design, and setting up the little boring things like the menu, hud etc. Like I said, right now it's not really in a credible stage, nor to the point were I need help, but if you still want to contact me at lostclimategames(at)yahoo.com

Screens-

Since I don't have much accomplished on it (3 models, only one fully finished, other 2 are skinned, but not textured) I can only show you screens of the heaviest and lightest tanks:

Heavy Tank:

Obviously the biggest and most powerful of the tanks, has 4 slots, 2 ontop one on back and one on right side. I know the pic makes it look flat, but remember there will be several attatchments to it. Goes very slow.

Light Tank:

The pic makes it look a lot bigger than it is, its not colored in yet nor decals added, but the fastest of the machines, only one mount, on the very top.

Thanks,
John
Lost Climate Games

Edit I wanted to add that the light tank has 524 polys and the heavy has 922

Last edited by lostclimate; 03/13/07 04:20.