I think both of you are right in different ways. Exciter is right when he says a logo has a doubtful meaning when it is enriched in a wrong way. Though, the logo *could* be simply handsome and appealing (which targets more into sfmat's direction).

One thing on my checklist for general design and especially for logo design is the authentic factor. Thats because my first two entries suck (hey, its me who is telling so ) - I really like the cogwheel arrangment (especially the glass version) - but it is not authentic enough as a logo itself and for package design, splashscreen or print. Its a nice idea and worth a picture - but look: I tried to designed my subsequent entries to be authentic for a 3D engine and as well for ads, print and package design. Even if all my entries (and some others here as well) are rejected, I believe that they would made it as trademark and brand recognition. Icecubes are not recognizable. They are beautiful, thats all. As an art piece, I like your picture, but in these terms, it really doesnt fit, sorry.

Last edited by HeelX; 02/04/07 10:50.