@ D1NG0:

As of yet I have not tested A6-based multiplayer game with more than 4 people, because my version doesn't support more players. Anyway; I guess if someone has problems with more than 20 players its either A6 fault or mostly due to one or more of the following reasons:

1: The game was not designed with multiplayer gaming in mind, to many resources.
2: The server has to many windows-desktop like sth running, no real server.
3: The server hardware configuration is not balanced to act as a real server
4: The server/mp-game is running on a standard DSL connection.
5: Someone is tampering/hacking your insecure multiplayer game/server

On the forum I read people wanting to setup their own website, mysql, mp server on 1 and the same computer with XP running behind a homegrown DSL connection. That will not work, for funplay with your mates yes for serious no.

Anyway I think its fun to learn from creating a multiplayer game. Doing a mmorpg is a little above my head though. I'm thinking about purchase Populace if I can get enough information on howto use it.

Max. 20 players per server is enough for what I had in mind. To bad Conitec didn't allowed 4 players for A6 Extra and at least 8 for A6 Commercial, guess that would be fair as with Pro they said one can get virtualy any number of players online.

The server will not be run on any of my computers. The people can setup their own server on their simple dsl connection, therefore I don't need more players. The only thing I need is to let people who run the game, choose to which server they like to connect. Don't think that is possible with A6 Commercial alone.

smile